FoundationDB is currently seeking exceptional developers to join our growing team. In this position you will help us continue to build the next generation of transactional database technology. You will work with a team of exceptional engineers with backgrounds from top CS programs, research fields, and successful startups. We don’t just write software, we build our own languages, simulations, and state of the art tools to write better software.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working closely with other development team members on core and layer development.
- Thinking about high-level and long-term implications of design decisions
- Taking significant ownership in projects
- Doing a significant amount of actual coding each day
- Contributing to our dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- A good attitude, friendly personality, and strong work ethic
- Strong systems programming experience
- A high level of interest in software engineering and computer science
- US citizenship or a green card
Beneficial, But Not Required Skills:
- Experience working on large software development projects
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with distributed systems development
- An interesting portfolio of side projects that show you enjoy solving problems
- Experience interacting with users
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Washington, DC / Tysons Corner
We are well-funded and offer a competitive salary. This position will also receive equity compensation in the form of employee options, so you can share in the company’s success as we grow. We provide a full medical and dental plan (BCBS PPO) and long and short term disability insurance.
Some Informative Links:
Our White Papers